Our walking group is affiliated with Mountaineering Ireland, who organise our insurance and provide plenty of helpful guidance throughout the year.
Each of our members receives an MI membership card at the start of each club year, with which they can get discounts at a number of outdoor stores across the country – everyone also receives the seasonal Irish Mountain Log magazine through their membership.
Trekking NI walking group membership costs £42.50 for adults and £26.50 for those aged under 23 – unfortunately, Trekking NI membership is not currently open to anyone under the age of 18. Dual club membership also costs £26.50. Membership is renewed each year in September/October. Prospective members can join us on up to two free ‘taster’ hikes at any point throughout the year before signing up for full paid membership, but a registration form must still be completed and returned beforehand.
Those who attend our treks do so at their own risk – club leaders/members will provide you with all the information required for each hike, including what clothing and equipment you should bring, but will not be held responsible for any injuries, losses or damages sustained on the day.
Recommended Kit List:
- Existing Medication
- Sturdy Walking Boots
- Coat – recommended waterproof
- Hat and Gloves
- Fleece or warm mid layer
- Water and Packed Lunch (plus extra in the case of an unexpected delay)
- Sun Hat and Sun Cream
- Hot drink (optional in warmer weather)
- Spare Socks
- ICE Tag (In Case Of Emergency) attached to the outside of your rucksack
- Emergency Foil Blanket
Our main priority is the safety of our group members, especially during this time of heightened health risk, so we’ve set out the following guidelines and ask all participants to adhere to them on our scheduled walks:
– You must be a full club member to participate in our organised walks. Prospective members using their allocated ‘tasters’ are permitted to attend a max of 2 walks before registering in full.
– You must not attend a walk if you’re experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or if you’ve been in contact with someone who’s tested positive for the virus / is awaiting results of a COVID test.
– You must maintain a safe social distance from other participants before, during and immediately after organised walks (2 metres).
– You must carry your own hand sanitiser, face mask and basic first aid kit (eg. plasters, medi-wipes, support bandages, etc). Masks don’t need to be worn during a walk unless safe social distancing cannot be maintained (eg. when first-aid is required).
– You must pre-book for any organised walk to allow leaders adequate preparation time.
– If you experience any COVID symptoms within 14 days of a walk, we ask that you contact a committee member or walk leader as soon as possible, even if you haven’t taken a test.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 regulations, please get in touch via the contact form.
Download a membership application form below: